We invite you to become an SPCA Volunteer!
There are plenty of jobs to be done at the SPCA and for the SPCA, so volunteers are always greatly needed.
As an SPCA of Luzerne County volunteer, you can make the difference in a homeless animal’s life. Be a part of the caring solution and become an SPCA volunteer today!
The volunteer program is essential to continuing the mission of the SPCA of Luzerne County. Volunteers are involved in many aspects of the shelter and assist us with daily animal care, special events, fund raising, and community outreach programs. It is no exaggeration to say that without our dedicated volunteers, the SPCA could not provide the care and programming that it does.
To give you an idea of the many ways to help animals, shelter, and community, below are some areas where we can use your help.
- Caring for cats at Petsmart and Petco!
- Dog exercising and bathing
- Animal socialization, cleaning, and feeding
Humane Education and Activities:
- School & community presentations
Special & Fundraising Events:
- Large fund raising events
- Rabies & microchip clinics
- Offsite adoptions
- Holiday events
- Animal food, blanket, and supply collections
- Bake sales
- Musical events
The SPCA of Luzerne County wishes to be accessible to all who are interested in volunteering, however, we do have the following requirements:
- All potential volunteers must possess the ability to read, write, and follow simple instructions.
- All potential volunteers must attend our volunteer orientation session.
- Volunteers must be 18 years of age or older; however, children ages 13 and older may work with the animals if accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times.
- Any student under the age of 18 wanting to complete community service hours for their senior project must have an adult present at orientation and during all volunteer hours.
How to Start Volunteering at the SPCA of Luzerne County
You may start the process of becoming a volunteer by attending one of our volunteer orientations. Orientations are held on an on-going basis. Please call and make a reservation: 825-4111 extension 4 or email: email@example.com. We look forward to seeing you at the SPCA of Luzerne County!
Volunteering is fun and rewarding, and most of all you get to show a homeless pet true love.